Problem booting CentOS 5.2 machine

I have a CentOS 5.2 machine that is refusing to get past starting the
System Message Bus. This machine is tied into an Active Directory as a test
mail server. A little Googling shows that it's somehow related to being
unable to talk to the LDAP server. How do I figure out what's causing the
problem? Yesterday before rebooting the server, I downloaded and installed
a newer version of NMAP on it, and suddenly yesterday, shortly after I
rebooted it, it won't finish booting.  As I said, I looked for an answer on
Google and found that it's tied into LDAP, but I'm not sure 1) what is
causing the problem and 2) how to solve it.

Can someone here please provide some help? I'm not exactly a linux newbie,
but I am new to tieing linux into Active Directory.