Nouveau driver on F10

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri May 1 04:28:03 UTC 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009 22:52:46 john wendel wrote:
> Since the "nv" driver seems to have lots of problems, I thought I'd try
> the nouveau driver.  The result was a black screen and a locked up box.
> No Xorg.0.log file created, so no errors to report.
>
> Does this actually work with F10? Anybody got it running? Tips?

I use nouveau successfully with KDE in F10, but with "Desktop Effects"
disabled, otherwise I get a huge white screen.

I have a dual-head display using the XRandR method with the following in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Files"

EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option      "AIGLX" "off"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "DVI-I-0"
        Option       "LeftOf" "VGA-0"
        Option       "PreferredMode" "1680x1050"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "VGA-0"
        Option       "PreferredMode" "1280x1024"
        Option       "DPMS" "Off"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Device0"
        Driver      "nouveau"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Device0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option      "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E