Re: very long "starting udev"

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 3:30 AM, john wendel <jwendel10 comcast net> wrote:
François Patte wrote:

Bonsoir,

At boot up "starting udev" step is very long (> 1 mn)

how can I get infos on what is going on at that time?

f10 on toshiba laptop.

Thank you.

Just wanted to add a "me too", so you wouldn't feel lonely.

f10 on Intel DG35EC desktop.

Check you cards. If you have a PCI card with problems, udev
will never complete or take too long.

Once, one of my sound cards became "loose", and udev hanged forever.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ