Colors different under mplayer and Gnome Mplayer

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Sat May 2 12:31:09 UTC 2009

I've been using mplayer to view videos till today, when I decided to try
out totem and gnome-mplayer.  Both totem and gnome-mplayer play videos
smoothly and with good sound, but the colors are different from the ones
I get with mplayer.  Totem and gnome-mplayer both display the same, but
I think the colors in mplayer are correct.  Skin tones in totem look
bluish.  Totem and gnome-mplayer seem to be displaying red where mplayer
displays blue and vice versa.

Are there any sample videos that I can use to find out what's going on?
The videos I've been looking at are in AVI and Windows Media formats.
The system is x86_64 running F10 with an Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT with the
proprietary Nvidia driver.  The colors displayed by all other
applications look quite reasonable.

Any help would be very welcome.

jon