Blackberry and Virtualization

I would like to be able to sync my blackberry Curve through virtualization. Both Virtualbox and KVM/QEMU handle USB, and both recognize my blackberry device as a storage device. But, I have not been able to get either to use the blackberry desktop to sync. With KVM/QEMU, one needs to initiate from the command line to recognize the USB device, but otherwise the guest OS does recognize the device. I do use Barry to back up my blackberry on F10.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf blu org>
Boston Linux and Unix