yum plugin interactions?

I whipped out a yum plugin today to run a custom script
every time yum exits (so I can check if new rpms have
clobbered my customizations and put them back :-).

It works fine when I run yum, but I'm curious about
all the other tools out there like packagekit and yumex
and wot-not.

If I update via one of those tools, will my plugin still get
executed?