laptop overheating using F9

Hi All,

I have a HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop running Fedora 9. I notice that running it for more than an hour causes my laptop to overheat. The temperature screenlet displays the CPU temperature to be 80C,  which I believe is pretty high and I do not run any heavy applications.

I read on some previous thread that appending "acpi=on" on the kernel line of grub.conf solves this problem. But it has made no difference.
Let me know is there any particular software i can download for preventing this overheating.
Thanks.

Aditya