Re: Off topic - mobo recommendations

Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com> writes:
> A vendor such as Newegg will put you in a nice machine for about $800
> for CPU, M/B, and 12GB RAM. That's my goal for my next system, four
> cores, eight threads,

12 Gig?  You really want to run with 3 sockets filled and one empty?

I'm partial to the low-power 65watt x4 chips.

Asus M3A78-T                 ~$140
AMD Phenom X4 9350E 65W AM2+ ~$200
Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB)        ~$90
total:                       ~$430

If the OP already has the case and disks, this would be a cheap way to
get a first class system.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/   (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.