Fedora 11 fail because of Anaconda

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Mon May 4 03:11:20 UTC 2009

On 05/03/2009 11:01 PM, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Re: Fedora 11 fail because of Anaconda

I commented on the blog-post as well (saw that first).
I'm on real hardware, and I've installed on two machines without issue.
I don't use LVM, but I have 3 hard drives.
First drive: 150G 10kRPM gets /boot (ext2) / (ext4) /home (ext4) and SWAP

Second Drive: 320G gets /virtuals (ext4)

Third Drive: 1TB gets /data (ext4)

On my laptop, which has a single drive gets /boot (ext2) / (ext4) and
/home (ext4)

Install went great on both systems. Did a clean install because I'm a
new (well, returning I guess, but it's been since FC2/FC3T2) Fedora user
from the (horrid) land of Ubuntu :-)

I *did* however run into an issue trying to install the x86_64 LiveCD in
a KVM virtual machine - it (is the live installer still Anaconda?)
crashed even leaving the defaults alone. I need to try it again and make
note of the specific error, but I was in a rush when trying it, and just
planned to come back too it later after 2 failed attempts at the same
exact spot.

I wish I had another physical system here I could sacrifice for testing,
but I do hope this gets worked out soon if lots of people are seeing
this - we need all the users on F11 as we can get before it goes Gold!

-jayson