install disk

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon May 4 14:04:16 UTC 2009

Michael Shelby wrote:
> I got fedora 11 in easy, i am glad you said something about it. I am
> playing around with it now, I needed 64 bit so I could put all my ram to
> work. It says it is a preveiw, will I have to reinstall later or can I
> just upgrade when the final version comes out. I swear last Q&A and
> thanks again.

No.  If you install the preview, your repos should be pointing to
Rawhide.  At some point during the preview, they will change and point
to the new F11 repos.  When F11 becomes released, you will no longer be
on rawhide, but on F11.  At, least, that's the way I understand it will
work.  My F8 machine has started to run pre-upgrade, and is waiting for
its next reboot to join the F11 party (I just have to wait until it is
convenient for me).

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com