Re: Evolution isn't saving my passwords...

On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 08:41 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> When I updated from F8 to F10, Evolution stopped saving my passwords.  I
> have multiple email accounts, each with its own password.  When I start
> Evolution, it asks me for the password for each account.  When I send an
> email, it asks me for the password for the sending account.
>
> How do I fix Evolution so that it properly stores and retrieves the
> passwords for each account ?

Are you using Gnome or KDE? If the latter, the problem isn't with
Evolution but with gnome-keyring<->KDE interaction. Someone on this list
recommended commenting out the following lines from /etc/pam.d/kdm:

auth       optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so
	and
session    optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start

Then restart kdm (log out and do "pkill kdm" from a console, or do "init
3; init 5", or reboot).

I did this 4 months ago and it worked. I still asks me for my keyring
password (once) on every first activation of Evo after logging in, but
that's all.

poc