Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 63, Issue 16

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 13:06 -0400, Rob Campbell wrote:
Hope I do this right.

Wow, five no-no's in one message:

1) Top-posting
2) Posting in HTML
3) Replying to a Digest and not changing the Subject line

No, no one should ever reply to a digest, and changing the subject line
is a no-no in any circumstance unless it's to change the status of the
thread, sorta like "so and so...[SOLVED]" (something I think we could
use more of).

IMNSHO, a thread is created by a real, live person (RLP) replying to a
post from an RLP.  Bots aren't RLPs, so they're excluded (OK, so I'm a
bot bigot in that regard).  Since digests are bot-created, they don't
constitute a first posting by the above criteria.

IIRC, technically the first reply creates the thread--a message by
itself does not constitute a thread.

4) Not editing the quoted material in any way.
5) Not referring to anything in the quoted material.

Is this a record?

Close.  I think the record also had a nonsensical legal disclaimer and
an attachment with an advertisement (spam).  I think we tarred and
feathered him and ran him off the list on a rail.  :-)