Re: Selinux disallows read-only loop mount of a file, but only at boot [SOLVED]

On 05/04/2009 08:02 PM, David wrote:
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Daniel J Walsh<dwalsh redhat com>  wrote:
What OS Are you running?

What policy version?

Hi Daniel

Thanks for responding. Just in case you didnt notice the beginning of
this thread is http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general/337584
where I stated my policy version
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:41 PM, David<bouncingcats gmail com>  wrote:
[root kablamm ~]# sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Current mode:                   enforcing
Mode from config file:          enforcing
Policy version:                 22
Policy from config file:        targeted

My OS is 2.6.25-14.fc9.i686

Many thanks for the fedora-classroom on Sunday without which I would
not have known how to investigate this problem. I'd appreciate your
comment if I have soved this correctly by changing the file context to
mount_exec_t, and if my discovery method was correct. I know that I
also must use semanage to make the fix permanent.

If there is a later policy version, what is the specific package name
to yum update? I have only slow dialup internet connection, so I am
not able to update "everything" until f11 dvd.

David

I was really asking what RPM version. Sorry. Are you fully up to date on SELinux policy.

yum -y update selinux-policy-targeted

The command you executed is allowed in Rawhide. And it should be allowed in F9. It looks like the current F9 policy, mount_t is allowed to read all content. Including default_t, if you have the allow_mount_anyfile boolean set.