f10dvd installs but won't boot

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:53:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 15:23 +0100, Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> >> Immediately above the Gmail text entry window there is a formatting
> >> toolbar that includes a clickable "Plain Text" button. Clicking this
> >> both turns off HTML and hides the toolbar (replacing it with a
> >> clickable "Rich Formatting" button that toggles it back on).
> >>
> >> So the FAQ instruction could be:
> >>
> >> Before sending a message from Gmail, turn off HTML rich text
> >> formatting by clicking on "Plain Text" to hide the formatting toolbar
> >> above the text entry window.
> >
> > You can also enable Google Labs, which has an option for sending plain
> > text mail by default.
>
> Really? I couldn't find it when I looked as I though that was the
> natural place for it to be.
>
> What's the exact name of the Labs extension?

I was thinking of "Fixed Width Font", but on checking it I see this is
actually for *viewing* messages.

However my Gmail is already set up to send in plain text by default. I
don't remember if I did something special to get this, or if that's the
way it works out of the box, but I need to explicitly select "Rich
Formatting" to get anything different.

poc