Re: USB tuner and kernel.org

Mick M. wrote:
<snip>
I have the two latest F10 kernels - neither load any modules now.
This happened at first a couple of days ago, I rebooted into the old kernel and it came up fine.
Then I used yumex to delete and re-install the latest kernel.
This worked fine.

Now I have somehow killed both kernels - no modules.
I will post a new help for this.
The box I am posting from is different and is on F11-pre.

I was trying to "depmod pvrusb2, and insmod pvrusb2".
I could go to /lib/modules and drill down and find the module.
But it would not load.

Try "cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`" and verify there's a modules.dep file.
If not, then modules won't load and you should find out why those are
being wiped.  You can recreate it by "depmod -a".