Re: Wireless speed drops

Hi,

max написа:
On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 07:16:41PM +0300, Georgi Hristozov wrote:
<snip>
Got a coffee shop nearby? Do they have wireless access? Try there and see if the problem persists. Hardware failure has to be ruled out or all the debugging in the world isn't going to do you a bit of good.

Other things to consider is if anyone else is connected to your access point, some access points will have to limit the overall speed if a client is using say b instead of g wireless, so your only as fast as your slowest man.

Sometimes I use another notebook (Win 2000) with this AP and the speed is stable. And, as I said, with Vista on the same problematic Toshiba, everything works great for hours with high network load. Checked the AP, nobody else is connected (and it's highly unlikely that I have a WPA cracker in my neighbourhood :D ), and according to iwconfig I'm using G. Anyway, checking near a hotspot (or at a friend's home) is a good idea, I need just a few minutes of downloading at high speed to experience this issue, no need to run iperf for hours. :)