f10dvd installs but won't boot

David bouncingcats at gmail.com
Thu May 7 00:41:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 14:49 -0700, jackson byers wrote:
>> I finally went back to my fc5   and put a space and a "3"  at end of kernel line
>> in the f10 grub.conf.
>> This got me to login

> well, it won't do you any good since you are not getting past grub

My (differing) interpretation of the above is that he is reporting
success at reaching text login in f10. But like much of what he
writes, it is hard to be sure what he is actually saying.

Jack I am on of many contributors to this thread who thinks that it
would be a lot easier for us to help you if you put more time/effort
into how you communicate here. If you still have a problem, spend some
time and effort writing your next post with the following in mind:

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> you probably did - reading through your e-mails is very tough because
> you continue to use HTML format which really makes it hard to decipher
> everything.

Before posting again, I suggest you read the guidelines [1]. But in
your case, I suggest the most important guideline is what Frank wrote
above and that is far more important than "Keep It Short".

Every forum is different. Here, the expertise of the contributors in
this list is extremely high, but the general expectation on this list
is for high quality communication in both directions. Spending time
and effort writing your questions clearly is expected here. If you
still have a problem, it might help to make a fresh start on
describing it, because I and others are having difficulty
comprehending your situation accurately, after >20 messages in this
thread.