Re: What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

On 05/07/2009 05:32 PM, Georgi Hristozov wrote:

> It will be nice to see the omnibook module too (
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/omke ). The project seems dead and the
> only usable version is the SVN snapshot, but I think it will help the
> notebook users who can't compile the module themselves and need built-in
> support for the specific hardware. For example, without omnibook it's
> impossible to use your bluetooth on such notebook.

Fedora doesn't allow third party kernel module packages. It can go to
RPM Fusion but this stuff should just work out of the box and not depend
on dead modules. Can you file a bug report in http://bugzilla.redhat.com
for the functionality that is missing?

Rahul