Re: Setup Firefox so mailto links use Kmail

Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi all;

I did the following to setup firefox mailto links to use kmail but it did not work. Thoughts ?

1) I went to about:config in firefox and ensured that the value "network.protocol-handler.external.mailto" is set to true
2) I did a right click and choose new --> string
in the popup for the preference name I entered the following: network.protocol-handler.app.mailto

   Then in the next popup asking for the string value I entered this:
     kmail

However when I click on a mailto link firefox still wants to bring up evolution. I even tried using /usr/bin/kmail as the string value.

Thanks in advance...

Doesn't going to Preferences>>Applications and searching for mailto give you the appropriate dialogue to change this option?

--
Suvayu