Re: Preupgrade: Centralized Upgrade

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 05/07/2009 04:53 PM, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
Without having to create a local mirror\repo.
Is it possible for preupgrade to pool all Fedora PC's,
on a lan.

Then download all needed for all boxes, (presto where possible).
That way it could be more automated save multiple similar rpms,
maybe I mean a server version?

A server version for preupgrade alone doesn't really make sense.
Preupgrade uses yum and there are some tricks for caching the packages
and metadata.

http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumMultipleMachineCaching

If you have the right connectivity you can NFS mount /var/cache/yum between systems, which I have been doing for FC{9,10,11} thus far.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>