Re: Fedora sendmail auth

On Fri, 8 May 2009 15:39:53 -0400 (EDT)
Steven W. Orr wrote:

> Can I just auth by password or do I really need to go the whole
> certificate magilla?

I setup self-signed certificates for doing an ssl connection
to postfix and dovecot running on my home server. Postfix seemed
less terrifying to configure than sendmail and there is a nifty
feature to let postfix and dovecot share authentication so I
don't need to duplicate passwords. I didn't find it too horrible
to get working. I dragged the public half of the cert to work
on a USB key and told my mailer: "Here, this is a perfectly good
cert.", so it wouldn't bug me about the self signed stuff.