Why does my window fractionate?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat May 9 03:09:34 UTC 2009

On Sat, 09 May 2009 04:48:17 +0200
Kevin Kofler wrote:

> They're disabled by default in KDE 4.0 and 4.1, and for KDE 4.2, we added a
> setting to kde-settings to ensure they stay disabled. This seems to work
> for everyone except you.

Well, I just created a brand new user from scratch and logged in
with a KDE session, and desktop effects are indeed disabled.
Must be something else about KDE 4 that makes it so antagonistic
to freenx - I just assumed it took forever because it was
trying to do effects - never had the patience to wait long
enough to check the settings :-).