Re: Backing up whole system

On Sat, 9 May 2009 06:15:14 -0700 (PDT)
GMS S wrote:

> What is the best and easy way to backup whole fedora 10?

Personally I use rsync to a USB drive, but with any tools like
rsync, tar, or cpio, you will need to be able to get grub
re-installed outside of the normal "restore all files" process
if you need to do a restore of the whole disk.

We just cloned a system at work by booting a livecd, partitioning
the new hard disk, rsyncing the source system to the new partition
then chrooting to the newly filled in disk and running grub-install.
(Somewhat to my amazement it worked fine :-).