Re: what is "Document Viewer"?

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 12:27 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> And I admit that since I have other tools to view pdf files (xpdf
> mainly) that I have never felt any curiosity about evince, nor would
> I be likely to launch anything "just to see what happens."

I do.  That's how I found out that XPDF was crap to use compared to
Evince, in most cases.  Yet XPDF can view some PDF files that Evince
just showed a page not yet rendered.

I'm not keen on the idea of running random programs to find out what
they do.  But I will try out alternatives, when I can see what a program
is supposed to be able to do.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686