Dlink DIR-655 Do you have one of these lurking in your network?

I've been struggling with a wireless issue for some time. I even switched from Suse 11 to Fedora 10 trying to shake it (which was unfair but I had other reasons too). The symptom is that the wireless connectivity would hang periodically for 30 sec to 3 or 4 minutes. Long enough to disrupt remote desktop sessions and sometimes even kill the vpn. It was usually a short lived event so it didn't usually disrupt network browsing (indistinguishable from a slow website) and ftp clients and torrent clients all survived the interruptions. Oddly enough, during the hang I could ping my linux router (which the dlink is behine) but not the isp's router. Anyway, to make a long story shorter I eventually checked the Dlink DIR-655 page to see if there were any issues related to my wireless router. Sure enough there is a firmware update for, what is rather vaguely described as, "- Fixed WAN speed issue:" See:
http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?pid=530&sec=0

I applied the update and have been very happy with the results. I still have network issues but now they are of the "identifiable" sort. If you have one of these GET THE UPDATE. The router is worthless without it!
thnx  wcn