Still having problems with my tv tuner -- need help

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat May 9 23:48:29 UTC 2009

On Saturday 09 May 2009, William Case wrote:
>Hi;
>
>tvtime gives me a great picture but no sound.

[...]

You are aware that tvtime does not have a digital audio path aren't you?

In my case, the audio output of my card, a pcHDTV-3000, is jumpered to the
microphone input on my audigy2 (sb0400 chipset), and the tvtime audio is then
via the mic channel of my audio card.  The jumper is about 6" long.  Works
great.  But here in the US, we only have about 33 more days to use tvtime
since its analog tv only.  We shut our own analog tx off for the last time at
the end of the broadcast day, June 11th.

Maybe this will give some impetus to get kaffiene finished, it is very
unstable even when hand built from the 8.4 tarball, and the 8.3 rpms for
fedora do not work at all, no means to configure a channel list, no docs on
how to.  The scanner function is missing entirely in the rpms so for tv
watching, sorry.  Even the 8.4 version has a very limited number of times you
can change channels before it gloms onto 100% of the cpu, and it takes several
minutes to locate it and give it a shot of 'kill -9' under those conditions.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

	- comment from include/linux/mtd/cfi_endian.h