Re: How To Create /home on a Network Drive

On 05/09/2009 11:16 PM, Craig White wrote:
On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 22:35 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
I have two Fedora laptops. I would like to have my /home partition as a
separate partition on a network drive, such that when each laptop user
logs in, his or her /home/[user] directory is mounted from the network
drive. But I don't know how to do this. Suggestions?
----
might not be a good idea if the laptop is detached from the network
but...

man nfs

man auto.home
man auto.master

I know that Red Hat Enterprise documentation covers this pretty well and
there might be some documentation on Fedora Wiki but I haven't looked.

Craig

I think my brain must have shut down for the night. I wouldn't have such an easy time mounting /home in a restaurant, would I?

Thanks...

Bob