Re: Fdisk screwup

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Sat, 09 May 2009 13:26:29 -0400
Bill Davidsen wrote:

Definitely what you do before scrapping old drives.

The trouble is I never scrap drives until they have
physically stopped working, and it is too late to
write on them at that point.

I have taken some apart though - almost as good, especially
after the platters get all scratched, mixed up, and scattered
around - and you get some really powerful refrigerator
magnets that way as well :-).

For some reason I couldn't get this USB stick to be read properly, on a laptop to upgrade a new BIOS . After I did a repartitioning and setup as a fat16 (fdisk 6), it was setup as a fat16 <=32 (fdisk 4) after that It worked great.