Re: How to redirect http to https with Apache/SVN/SSL

On Sunday 10 May 2009 18:30:50 Patrick W. Barnes wrote:

> <VirtualHost host.domain.com:80>
>     ServerName host.domain.com
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteRule ^/$ https://host.domain.com/ [R,L]
>     RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://host.domain.com/$1 [R,L]
> </VirtualHost>

Forgot to mention...

Redirecting SVN causes it to display a message to the user, rather than follow
the redirect.  Since I assume you want to force SSL to be used, setting up
non-HTTPS access or having Apache proxy non-HTTPS queries is probably not what
you want, and having SVN display that message and force users to specify HTTPS
may be your best option.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com