Re: Questions on Partitioning across two drives

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
On Sunday 10 May 2009 18:04:35 Jim wrote:
I have a EeePC 1000 with two SSD drives and Fedora 10.
I want to make /  partition larger
sda1 / 8gb
sdb1 /home 32gb

I want to make /home 20gb
I want to make /   20gb

I have  made sdb1 /home 20gb with Gparted and I made with the
unallocated space a   / ext3 primary partition.
how do I make that / partition to join with the /  on  sda1 ?

You will have to create a software RAID0 device that spans across both drives and includes all of the space you want used for /, then create a new partition for / within that RAID device.

What Raid Type would I use ?