Re: How to redirect http to https with Apache/SVN/SSL

Craig White wrote:
On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 15:57 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
I am trying to solve one last problem with my
Apache/SVN/SSL with http to http redirection.

Is it possible to do?

Here is what I have in my subversion.conf file:
=======================================
<VirtualHost host.domain.com:80>
    ServerName host.domain.com
    RequestHeader edit Destination ^http https early
    #Redirect / https://host.domain.com/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost host.domain.com:443>
    [...]
</VirtualHost>
=======================================

Using the following works:
$ svn list https://host.domain.com/svn/svn1
branches/
tags/
trunk/

But using the following with either RequestHeader or Redirect fails:
$ svn list http://host.domain.com/svn/svn1
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/svn1'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/svn1': 405 Method Not Allowed (http://host.domain.com)

Is there a way to make this work?
----
try...

RedirectPermanent /svn/ https://host.domain.com/svn

Craig
Thanks, but it does not work:
$ svn list http://host.domain.com/svn/svn1
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/svn1'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/svn1': 301 Moved Permanently (http://host.domain.com)

Dan