Re: Questions on Partitioning across two drives

Jim wrote:
Thanks Kevin for your help on this.
Can I change a ext3 partition (sda1) with data on it to raid 0 or do I have to do a fresh install ?

Look at the raid tools like mdadm. I'm pretty sure you can (mdadm --assemble?), but you have to be careful of the options you use when you create the raid array. Read the help files and the man pages.

caveat: I don't run RAID at home (nor do I use LVM anymore), but I used to work for a RAID storage array company 7-8 years ago....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com