Re: Seagate disk problems (NCQ bug???)

Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> writes:
> Seagate has a downloadable cd image that when burnt and run as a boot disk
> will survey the system and update any of their disks that need it.  No data
> loss was encountered when I did one of mine.

I couldn't find any that applied to my disk.  They have 3 consecutive
model numbers for what is essentially the same 1.5TB drive.  They only
admit to firmware issues with the first two model numbers.  I supposed,
once they start using a 4th model number, they might admit to problems
with mine too. ;-)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.