fdisk issues - external drive.

Hi All;

I'm running Fedora 10 & KDE 4.2

I have a new Lacie 1TB external drive. When I plug it in via USB or eSATA cable it's instantly recognized by Fedora. However I want the drive to contain an ext3 filesystem. So I do this:

1) # fsisk <device>
2) delete all existing partitions
3) create a new primary partition
4) I'm prompted for the partition number - I choose 1
5) Im prompted for the First cylinder - again I choose 1

then Fdisk goes back to the main menu, I'm never prompted for the size. If I print the partition table I see this:

Command (m for help): p

Disk /dev/sdc1: 10 MB, 10484736 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x73736572

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdc1p1 1 1 8001 83 Linux

Start and end both at 1 I suspect is wrong. How do I make fdisk change the ending value so the size is the full size of my 1TB disk?

Thanks in advance