Re: is lvm deprecated?

> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Mike Burger
> <mburger bubbanfriends org>wrote:
>> What you appear to have done is created your "volume groups", but not
>> created any actual logical volumes in them, nor formatted those logical
>> volumes to create filesystems.
>> What you'll want to do, now, is to run system-config-lvm, and run
>> through
>> the process of creating actual logical volumes and setting them up as
>> filesystems.
>> It's actually very simple and painless.
> I burst out laughing when I read this.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or unhappy about your
laughter...especially since my response was born out of nearly 7 years of
using LVM tools under AIX, and 4 or 5 of doing so under Fedora.

Which part of my response drove you to laughter, if I may?

Mike Burger

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

or send a blank email message to:

site-update-subscribe bubbanfriends org