Weird connectivity problem

Hi all, I'm getting something strange that I haven't been able to track
down yet:

I can connect fine to the web with eth0 on my laptop, and also through
wlan0 - problem is that on Fedora i can't use any links out of Google -
or any other site, for that matter.

Firefox has cookies turned on, I disabled firewall, and disabled
SELinux, all to no avail.  Also, cannot update any web based repo's for
package updates/installs, etc.

I've also tried various settings for MTU for both interfaces.

Hmm.  for the moment, I'm clueless...

--
Cheers