Re: is lvm deprecated?

Mike Burger wrote:
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Mike Burger
<mburger bubbanfriends org>wrote:

It's actually very simple and painless.

I burst out laughing when I read this.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or unhappy about your
laughter...especially since my response was born out of nearly 7 years of
using LVM tools under AIX, and 4 or 5 of doing so under Fedora.

Which part of my response drove you to laughter, if I may?

The "simple and painless" part. I spent eight years using AIX, and I have avoided LVM like Swine Flu. The best I can say about LVM is "comprehensible" because I've used LVM. But the fact that LVM *almost* hides the complexity is my issue; it doesn't leave everything exposed but it doesn't really cover it smoothly. And the idea of having yet another program doing raid, or crypt, just somehow leaves me cold.

Guess it's me, I want to either have full control of detail or not need any.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>