Re: Still having problems with my tv tuner -- need help

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Robert L Cochran
<cochranb speakeasy net> wrote:
Plus there are people like me who are reading this thread because of
interest in TV cards. I was looking at a few last night.

Bob

I have both these Hauppauge cards: WinTV-Radio, PVR-250. Both PCI, the
first is a frame-buffer card the second is an mpeg encoder.

The both work well for me on Fedora with minimal setup (the second
needs firmware which is in the main fedora repos)

Could you clarify what applications you use and you mean by "work well," since I have never had any hardware including ATI-HDTV Wonder, three Happaugh (supposedly supported) cards and two USB capture dongles. Some of this worked fine in FC4 and FC6, and FC9 if I ripped out PulseAudio so the applications could get to the hardware, but FC10 and 11, nothing I would say works "usefully" much less "well."

This is not the place for long discussions of video, but if you could detail what you feel works, that would be good.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>