Re: Running 32 bit binaries on 64 bit systems

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 15:23 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
The problem with trying to run 32 bit binaries is that they take vast numbers of libraries which have to be located and installed,
and generally one at a time.

Aren't you using yum? I'm running 64-bit since F9 and have had zero
problems of this sort.

What am I missing? Of course I have yum, what I don't have is a tool to look in the 32 bit programs, find the libraries they need, and and then identify which packages need to be installed to get those libraries.

Am I missing some yum magic which lets me unpack the binary from a tar file and then do something like:
  yum do_magic /usr/local/bin/Rchase
and have it take apart the binary to find and install the libraries?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>