Re: Running 32 bit binaries on 64 bit systems

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 15:23:39 -0400
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com> wrote:

...snip...
Is there some tool, and can we tell search engines about it?

yum?

yum install package.i586 should pull in the needed 32bit packages.
That actually just generates a "no package package.i586 available" did you think it would load all the libraries or something? You really need the package name, which is what I need to extract from the binary.

I already tried installing lib*.i586, some libraries are in packages which don't have lib* names.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>