Frustration with F10/KDE

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 14 00:53:48 UTC 2009

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Trying to put Icons on Desktop.
>> Dragging a app/icon from menu to Desktop, when you want to put a icon in a
>> certain place, Kde moves it some place other than where you want it.
>> You have no control of where you put Icons.
>>
>> This has nothing to do with Folder view
>>

> I just dragged a shortcut from my menu to the desktop. And it's where
> I left it. No folder-view here as well. I'll leave the icon there till
> I hear back from you.

Something awfully weirdy is going on, I logged out of KDE and came back
in and it corrected the problem.
One of the unexplainables , at least I will know what to do the next
time it happens.
Thanks for your responds .
Hopefully they will get rid of these crazy little happenings in KDE
someday, some year, who knows.