Re: comcast, port 25, and postfix?

On Thu, 14 May 2009 05:18:06 -0700
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

> main.cf:
> relayhost = [relayhost.example.com]:465

That's the way I set it up.

> I assume you did comment out the smtp line in master.cf or otherwise
> prevented outsiders from connecting to your server.

I don't have port 25 open at all on my linksys router, so I assume
that takes care of incoming attempts.

I've got a perl script sucking the outgoing access log from the
router every 15 seconds looking for SMTP traffic. It hasn't found
any in the 12 or so hours it has now been running, so I'm pretty
sure this is just comcast blowing smoke, but if something really
is trying to talk on port 25 I ought to spot it in the log eventually :-).