Re: if no NFS server clients are waiting..

Michael Casey wrote:
the fstab entry is this

vim /etc/fstab
192.168.1.1:/mnt/share/ /home/user/Desktop/Share/ nfs
defaults,ro,nfsvers=3,nolock 0 0

By default, NFS mounts are "hard" so if the server goes bye-bye the
client will lock up until the server comes back.

Try adding "soft,retrans=6" to the mount options:

	defaults,ro,nfsvers=3,nolock,soft,retrans=6

See if that helps.  Oh, and you might want to try doing TCP rather than
the default UDP (add "tcp" to the options).
-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -