rsync -

I have two f-10 desk top computers, boxes 6 and 9. I use them interchangeably and keep notes [notecase] in both. I would like to update each from the other without losing anything in the process.

The name "rsync" seems to imply that it will make them identical. Does that mean if the source has fewer files than the target the target will have some deleted? Is there a command string to ensure I wont lose anything?

None of this is clear to me from the man page.

Bob