Re: rsync -

rsync does not delete anything unless you pass the --delete option

----- Ursprungligt meddelande -----
Från: "Bob Goodwin" <bobgoodwin wildblue net>
Till: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list redhat com>
Skickat: torsdag, 14 maj 2009 21:33:14 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam/Berlin/Bern/Rom/Stockholm/Wien
Ämne: rsync -

I have two f-10 desk top computers, boxes 6 and 9. I use them
interchangeably and keep notes [notecase] in both. I would like to
update each from the other without losing anything in the process.

The name "rsync" seems to imply that it will make them identical. Does
that mean if the source has fewer files than the target the target will
have some deleted? Is there a command string to ensure I wont lose
anything?

None of this is clear to me from the man page.

Bob