Re: cell phone

Craig White wrote:
On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 17:59 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Ed Greshko wrote:
Rambod Kamaei wrote:
hi to list. can i install fedora packages in my cellphone?

Best Regards,

Rambod Kamaei (PhD) CCIE, CCNP, Linux Expert.

Can we assume your cellphone is a "Google Phone" whose O/S is Android
and uses linux at its base?

If that is so....

Head over to http://developer.android.com/index.html.

I hope you are also aware that packages from any distribution are HW
specific.
??? I assume you meant CPU type must match, for applications the rest of the hardware is behind system calls and libraries. And I have read in several places that Linux runs on iPhone, probably not Fedora though. ;-)
----
why don't you stick to things you know. iPhone runs a version of Mac OSX

And Dell laptops run Windows... and Linux runs on all of them. I would certainly rather have Android than OSX (or Fedora) on a phone, but that's not what the OP was asking. Clearly iPhone is a WIP, but it's up and sort-of running.

You can tell who really likes their OS, no one is doing a VISTA port to iPhone. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>