Re: Ethernet problem on eeecp 1000HD (Atheros Controller)

Bill Davidsen ha scritto:

just tried Fedora 11 on my eeepc 1000HD: is great! ;)

But I have this strange problem in the office:
I can ping every machine on my net, but not the router (so I can't even update).

One more thing, if your network admin is properly paranoid, your unknown MAC address got a special IP from DHCP, and it will be in a range treated differently than "known" IP's given to known machines. I certainly have it set up like that, you may as well.
Indeed!! This was the trick!
I called the sysadmin and we told me that the IP is filtered (it was an infected win pc) BUT he forgot to delete it from the dhcp pool!!!

grrrrrrrrrr!!!!
I spent 3 hours on this!!!

Thank for the tip!

Alessandro