Need advice re: checking permissions !?

Hi;

Don't waste time on explaining how permissions work.  I have got that
right down to the kernel level.

I have a program that I suspect has a permissions bug.  I have checked
dmesg and nothing is said about a permissions problem.  Can I count on
dmesg ALWAYS being right. Or, is there another way to double check if a
program is getting hung up on an incorrect permission for a process and
what process it might be.
--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3