Re: Monitoring...

bruce wrote:
Hey...

Got a situation where I'm looking to monitor processes running on different
servers within a network. As I add servers (rea/virtual) I'd like to be able
to easily/painlessly be able to then manage/monitor the processes on the
additional systems as required.

I'm also looking for a method to be able to start/stop/enable/disable
services/apps on the remote server(s)/instances as well...

And of course, I'd ike to be able to do all of this with a web based app!

I've started looking at nagios, which uses smnp to access the remote
servers, implementing a pull process to get the information. Webmin looks
potentially useful, but it appears to require that I setup webmin on each
server that I want to handle from the master server (master monitoring app).

Any thoughts/comments/opinions on this?

thanks

-bruce

Hi

Honestly, I think Nagios is the best option. It's well established, with a big community, huge collection of plugins, etc

Nagios is a world of it own. It seems from your e-mail that you didn't explore Nagios as you should.

Unfortunately I had to switch from Nagios to OpenNMS.

Regards

mg.