Xsane problem in F-10 -

I needed to copy a document yesterday but never succeeded.

With F-9 I connected the HP5370c and it just worked without a hitch.

But with this F-10 system the scanner showed up in lsusb and xsane seemed ready to make copies but after churning for a minute xsane crashed and it displayed a seg. fault error message. It seemed to be telling me that it was using "avision" which I believe contains the appropriate driver?

I did a little searching through the mailing list archives but nothing showed immediately and I ran out of time.

Is this a recognized problem or am I unique?

Bob